With the start of the New Year, we are excited to announce a comprehensive update to our template employment agreements, which we developed with the help of our legal partner, LangtonHudsonButcher. In addition to working with our legal partners, we have also taken note of feedback from partners and of what our clients are doing, to help us maintain our standard documents and workflows.
The focus of the update this review period has been on improvement, as we have added more options and guidance to enable users to tailor the employment agreements more closely to their needs. There has also been some refinement to ensure the product is up to date, consistent and compliant with New Zealand employment law.
Key changes in the IEA templates are:
- New garden leave clause
- New redundancy clause
- New medical incapacity clause
- New overtime clause
- More guidance and options for bonus/incentive clauses
- More guidance and options for restraint of trade clauses
- More guidance and options for explanation of fixed terms in fixed term agreements
- New employee declaration section (above signatures)
- New Bonus clause with bonus scheme template
- New Sick Leave clauses
New Policy and Letter templates:
- Alcohol and Other Drugs Policy
Expanding on the ability to undertake random drug/and or alcohol testing for employees working in safety-sensitive roles and an ability to provide Employee Assistance Program (EAP) details if required.
- Working from Home Policy
- Motor Vehicle Policy
- Letter of Termination – Redundancy
- Letter of Variation
This letter can be used for small updates to employees terms and conditions of employment (e.g. hours of work) in place of preparing an entire new agreement. It can also be used to bring employment agreements up to date with recent changes to the Employment Relations Act 2000 around availability provisions, shift cancellations and prohibitions on secondary employment (if you require any assistance on the drafting of a variation letter, you may wish to contact your HR or legal advisor).
Updates to Checklists and Workflows:
- *NEW* Parental Leave checklist
To support employers and managers through a parental leave application and process.
- *NEW* 90 day trial period checklist
To assist employers when managing offers of employment to new employees containing a trial period
- *NEW* Staff Exit Checklist and Staff Exit Declaration
A new checklist based on the enableHR employment agreements and provides tools information and structure for employers to prepare and off-board staff.
- UPDATE: Pre-employment checklist: Proof of ID for a Vulnerable Children’s Check step 23.01
More information has been included in the workflow about the types of ID required during a safety check under the Vulnerable Children Act.
- UPDATE: Disciplinary Process Checklist
A new visual Disciplinary process flowchart guide has been added as a supporting reference guide into the, step 1.02
If you have any questions about the updates, or have any feedback, please get in touch with us.