COVID-19 update: Wellington moves to level two
23 June 2021
The Wellington region will move to Alert Level 2 after a person who travelled from Sydney to Wellington over the weekend has tested positive for the virus.
The restrictions will be effective from 6 pm Wednesday 23 June until midnight on Sunday 27 June.
A reminder of the level 2 rules for business:
- Your business can operate if you can do so safely.
- Engage your staff to identify risks and make sure you have measures in place to manage them.
- Ask everyone — workers, contractors and customers — with cold or flu-like symptoms to go home and stay home.
- Your employees must keep one metre apart in the workplace, and customers in retail businesses must keep two metres distance between themselves and others.
- You’re legally required to display a QR code and provide an alternative contact tracing system.
- If you or anyone on your premises are in close contact with others, face masks are encouraged.
- Make sure you’re regularly disinfecting shared spaces between use.
- Wash hands, sneeze into your elbow, follow good hygiene practice.
Additional restrictions for customer-facing businesses:
- Under level 2 guidelines, companies can continue to have customers on-site or provide services on a client’s premises.
- Retail businesses will need to put in measures to keep customers 2 metres apart.
- Venues have a 100-person limit as long as everyone can keep a safe one-metre distance.
Continue checking the locations of interest
The restrictions are considered proportional to the risk and to reduce the risk of community transmission. The Ministry of Health is urging the Wellington public and recent visitors to the region to continue checking the locations of interest as new information becomes available. People who have been at these locations coinciding with the positive case should immediately isolate and call Healthline for testing advice.
Remember the basics
As a manager, you can help reduce risk by reminding your people to remain vigilant and to:
- stay home if unwell and get advice about having a test;
- wash hands regularly, cough and sneeze into the elbow;
- wear masks or face coverings on all public transport; and
- keep track of where you’ve been — scan QR codes wherever you go and turn on Bluetooth tracing in the app dashboard.
If you have any questions about how these restrictions may impact your workplace, please do not hesitate to contact the enableHR team.
Don’t let changes to employment-related laws slow you down. In enableHR, every process, workflow and document are reviewed by employment law experts. So, you don’t have to worry. Get in touch to see enableHR in action today!
Remote working doesn’t spell the end of team building